After your Thomas Lawn Care Technician has applied the chinch bug reducer, its a good idea to lightly water the affected areas - 15 min should be sufficient. The goal is to ensure nematodes are flushed into the turf where chinch bugs are present.
To insure that you receive the best results:
- Your lawn should be kept moist for a minimum of 3 days after application.
- To achieve this, simply water your lawn 15 min twice daily, once in the early am (before 10 am) and once in the evening(after 7 pm).
- During dry conditions, this routine should last for up to 7
- Monitor affected areas. If you notice that the size of the stressed patches of turf are increasing in size or spreading, an additional application may be required.
- Reseed stressed/bare patches using black earth and quality seed.
- The best time to reseed is after the summer heat has broken; usually early September yields good results.
- Checkout our topdressing post for more tips!